Regulation of Complaints
Article 1. Definitions
In this regulation following definitions apply:
– Complaint: any written expression of dissatisfaction by or on behalf of the client against the lawyer, or of persons working under his responsibility, about the creation and implementation of a contract, about quality of service or the amount of the invoice, not beinig a complaint as referred to in paragraph 4 of Advocates;
– Complainant: the client or his representative which shall make a complaint;
– Complaints officer: the lawyer in charge of the handling of the complaint;Article 2. Scope
1. This complaints procedure is applicable to any contract between Davids Advocaten BV and the client.
2. Davids Advocaten BV takes care of complaints in accordance with the complaints regulation.
Article 3. Objectives
The complaints procedure is intended to:
1. establish a procedure to settle complaints from clients within a reasonable time in a constructive manner;
2. establish a procedure to determine the causes of client complaints;
3. maintain and improve existing relationships through good handling of complaints;
4. train staff in customer-focused response to complaints;
5. improve service quality using regulation and complaint analysis.
Item 4. Information on starting contract
1. This regulation is made public. The lawyer points out to the client before entering into the contract of assignment that the firm has a complaints procedure and that it applies to all services.
2. Davids Advocaten BV has stated at which independent party or agency a complaint that is not resolved after treatment, is submitted to obtain a binding ruling and has made this known to the order confirmation.
3. Complaints pursuant to Article 1 of this complaints procedure that are not resolved after treatment will be submit to the competent court.
Article 5. Internal complaint procedure
1. If a client approaches the office with a complaint, it will be directed to mr. N.S. Reerink, which thus acts as a complaints officer. However, if the complaint concerns mr. N.S. Reerink, it is directed to mr. MH de Vries.
2. The complaints officer shall notify the person about whom is complained and inform the complainant and the person who is complained about further steps taken.
3. The person who is complained about will work with the client to reach a solution with or without the intervention of the complaints officer.
4. The complaints officer handles the complaint within four weeks after receipt of the report or accusation, or if derogating from this period he will state the reasons for this derogation and inform the complainant when an opinion on the complaint will be stated.
5. The complaints officer shall notify the complainant and the person complained about on the merits of the complaint, whether or not accompanied by recommendations.
6. If the complaint has been satisfactory dealt with, the complainant, the complaints officer and the person who is complained about will sign the judgment on the merits of the complaint.
Article 6. Confidentiality and complaints procedure (free of charge)
1. The complaints officer and the person who is complained about treat the complaints as confidential.
2. The treatment of the complaint is free of charge.
Article 7. Responsibilities
1. The complaints officer is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
2. The person who is complained about keeps the complaints officer up to date on any contact and a possible solution.
3. The complaints officer keeps the complainant informed about the handling of the complaint.
4. The complaints officer shall file a complaintdossier.
Article 8. Complaint Registration
1. The complaints officer registers the complaint and the subject of the complaint.
2. A complaint can be divided into multiple topics.
3. The complaints officer shall report regularly on the handling of complaints and make recommendations to prevent new complaints, and to improve procedures.
4. At least once a year Davids Advocaten BV will examine the reports and recommendations and submit for decision-making.